Monday, March 17, 2008

Super Scientifical Madness

Its the wee hours of the monring but I'm coming home from work madly inspired after listening to the Squeeze Radio 5th anniversary show.I was inspired by two things in particular. One being DJ Mista Sinista (prolly my favorite juggler ever)showcasing, it took me waaaaaaaaaaaaay back to 96' or 97' when the X-men raided the Evil Dee show on Hot 97 and murdered it inspiring a future turntablist called Tunn. Second I heard these kids I been following for the last few months that go by the name AOK (All Out Kollective comprised of Fresh Daily, Pcasso, 8thw1, NatureL, Homeboy Sandma, Nola Darling) who just murdered it with their rhymes and unique styles. My scratching has always been more influenced by MC flows more than DJ's any day and to hear cats around my age destroying shit just got me hungry to practice again. In this post I wanna share with yall some classic goodies that used to get me going back in the day.

DJ Perseus circa 2001

I have always been a fan of this cat he always thought outside the box. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the last battle I entered last August.

Dj A-trak Space Dust Routine

I remember when this routine debut on Turntable Tv Reverse Oyster Beard I was chillen with my then crew GSR(Ginsu Swift Rockers)sitting on the couch just flipping the fuck out we never saw anything like it before. This routine still has influence to this day.

No comments: